Research on gambling
The Centre for Addiction Research incorporates the former Centre of Gambling Studies, established in 2001 and based in the Department of Social and Community Health in the School of Population Health.
The Centre for Gambling Studies completed a broad range of research projects (large and small) with a focus on four broad research areas: public health and community; treatment; behavioural; education and training.
Completed research projects include:
- Effectiveness of problem gambling intervention services
- Crime and gambling
- Gambling related public health
- Developing a community indicators model
- Identifying and improving information on gambling for use by local and territorial authorities
- Why people gamble
- Host responsibility for gambling venues in New Zealand
- The ethics of receiving funds from the proceeds of gambling.